The 40 hours for 40 acres™ Boot Camp (40 for 40) is a 6-week program to build the strategy, plan, and assets to increase fulfillment and results in your career.
Registration is closed. The next cohort is scheduled for Fall 2023.
What people are saying about 40 Hours for 40 Acres™
What you've put together is just amazing. You're wise beyond your years and to be able to put us all together from different backgrounds and different age groups, but with the commonality that we are all Black women and we're all experiencing the same types of issues. I get so overwhelmed and I'm growing every day within myself. They're looking at me like "Where are you coming from now?" It's good to get that self-reflection.at American subsidiary of Fortune Global 500 healthcare company
Imposter syndrome is real so it's really helpful to have this forum to walk through your strengths and the things you've accomplished. (It's helpful) to know that you deserve to be where you are and probably deserve to be higher than where you currently are! I really do appreciate that. And the cohorts...I LOVE having that community, support, and accountability! It's really been amazing!at multinational Fortune 100 company
I really think you're on to something, Candace. I appreciate you for bringing us all together. Your workshops alone could have been a whole four weeks so there's just so much to unpack and I really appreciate you as well as all the women for the community that we've just started (to form)!Marketing Manager at Fortune 500 consumer packaged goods and professional products company
The sessions in the one-to-ones were very important. They brought out a lot and made me think about some things that I wouldn't have thought about otherwise. I think even though I haven't had time to go through all of the exercises yet, now I know where to start going forward to meet my goals. Thank you so much!Corporate Project Analyst at multinational Fortune 100 financial services corporation
Honestly, I feel really uplifted by this experience. I feel ready to take on the world. Our one-on-one sessions were honestly like a whole therapy session for me! It was beautiful and it was courageous...and amazing! I'm so glad I got to be here. So thank you!Environmental Justice Advocate working with frontline communities of color at the intersection of environmental, racial, and socioeconomic justice
Pay now to save your spot!
There are two package options for the 40 hours for 40 acres™ Boot Camp. Select the option that best fits your needs, then pay to lock in your slot! You will be directed to a registration form after submitting payment.
This package includes:
- 6 one-on-one coaching sessions to unlock your values, goals, and strengths
- 3 expert-led workshops on financial planning, workplace rights, and mental health management
- 1 customized 12-month action plan based on your priorities
- Access to a cohort of your peers for ongoing support and accountability
- Lifetime membership in the 40 hours for 40 acres™ community granting early and exclusive access to resources and experiences on financial freedom, workplace equity, and more.
This package includes everything in Package A, plus:
- An updated resume that highlights your most compelling accomplishments using keywords, formatting, and design that are attractive to recruiters (multiple design options are offered)
- An updated cover letter that communicates how your strengths, accomplishments, and interests bring value to potential employers or funders
- Your personalized pitch that tells your story and demonstrates how your unique experiences, competencies, and interests support your next steps (promotion, business venture, pay raise, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why does the Boot Camp exist?
I envision a future labor market that honors the time, talents, and humanity of historically under-represented employees. Sadly, that is not the reality today.
Until workplaces live up to DEIB (diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging) values so Black people can work fairly and safely, we will build alternate pathways to personal fulfillment and financial security while limiting our exposure to suboptimal working conditions.
Why focus on Black women?
There are multiple factors that make Black women’s experiences in the workplace different from their counterparts. This boot camp centers the Black woman’s experience in its methodology, recognizing that:
- All our lives, we had to fight. Black women remain among the lowest paid and least wealthy groups in the US, making job transitions financially risky.
- These jobs ain’t loyal. Black women do the work (i.e., high rates of educational attainment) but have poor experiences and outcomes in the current workplace. We are also disproportionately impacted by layoffs.
- We all we got. DEIB support for employees is immature, aspirational, or non-existent, leaving under-represented employees to endure systemic trauma and build alternate pathways in silos – until now.
What does the Boot Camp include?
- 6 weeks of programming and experiences to improve alignment between your personal, professional, and financial goals
- 1:1 weekly coaching sessions to build your pivot, promotion, or exit strategy
- Preparation of your resume, cover letter, and pitch to tell your story and communicate your value to new networks and potential employers
- A personalized action plan of next steps and mitigation tactics for potential risks
- Discreet access to group sessions with experts on topics like healing to reclaim your worth, knowing your rights around layoffs, and readying your finances for what’s ahead (i.e., the recession)
- Placement in a small group cohort for ongoing validation, support, and accountability
- Access to templates and resources to use even after the boot camp
How much does the Boot Camp cost?
There are two package options for the boot camp ranging from $975 to $1275. Details are available at the top of this page.
Yes, you read that correctly. While other coaching programs cost anywhere from thousands to tens of thousands of dollars, I am keeping this accessible by focusing on the most important things needed for your transition.
Given its high-touch nature, there are limited spaces available in the program. The last boot camp sold out in just over one week and this cohort is expected to sell out again!
How else can I support the cause?
Gift a Membership
Sadly, most of us can think of at least a few talented Black women in our networks who are stuck in poor work situations. Perhaps it’s your friend who always complains about her boss in the group chat. Or that coworker who keeps taking the hits and being passed for promotions while keeping their heads held high – though they shouldn’t have to. Invest in their future and liberation by purchasing a coaching slot. Don’t worry – we’ll notify them and coordinate sign-up details.
Generous donations (PayPal, Venmo) from our community and allies help support our operations. Consider donating today in recognition of the continued fight for freedom and liberation in all forms. Please note any donations are not tax-deductible at this time.
Copyright Candace Jones-Ekuke. All Rights Reserved 2022-2023.